I am a joint postdoc at Western University and Onepick Inc. At Western, my mentors are Professor Ján Mináč and Professor Lyle Muller.
I am an interdisciplinary mathematician. My primary research interests are in computational/algebraic number theory and computational neuroscience. I have also worked on several side projects on spectral graph theory, representation theory, and Galois modules. I am strongly interested in applying my math skills to solve real-world problems. In particular, I am working with Dr. Thanh Nguyen (Onepick Inc) on the Vehicle Routing Problem and its generalizations.
I enjoy finding hidden patterns from experimental data. A large part of my research is inspired and guided by big data and simulations (for example, see here for some data that I generated for our work on Fekete polynomials).
I obtained my Ph.D. at the University of Chicago in December 2020. My advisor is Professor Kazuya Kato.
Before coming to Chicago, I was an undergraduate student at Vietnam National University. I wrote my senior thesis under the supervision of Professor Ralph Greenberg.
Here is my Google Scholar profile.
I will be a on the job market in Fall 2022. Here is my CV.
The website for this conference is here.
1. Tung T. Nguyen, Heights and Tamagawa numbers of motives (Published in the Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 2021.) (Arxiv version) (Journal version)
2. Lyle Muller, Ján Mináč, Tung T. Nguyen, An algebraic approach to the Kuramoto model (Published in Physical Review E, 2021). (Arxiv version) (Journal version)
3. Roberto Budzinski, Tung T. Nguyen, Jacqueline Đoàn, Ján Mináč, Terrence J. Sejnowski, Lyle Muller, Geometry unites synchrony, chimeras, and waves in nonlinear oscillator networks (Published in Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 2022). (Arxiv version) (Journal version)
4. Tung T. Nguyen, Jacqueline Đoàn, Federico Pasini, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Join of circulant matrices (Published in Linear Algebra and its Applications, 2022). (Arxiv version) (Journal version)
5. Ján Mináč, Duy Tan Nguyen, Tung T. Nguyen, Fekete polynomials, quadratic residues, and arithmetic (Accepted to Journal of Number Theory, 2022). (Arxiv version) (Journal version)
6. Ján Mináč, Duy Tan Nguyen, Tung T. Nguyen, Further insights into the mysteries of the values of zeta functions at integers (Accepted to Mathematica Slovaca, 2022). (Arxiv version)
7. Tung T. Nguyen, Roberto Budzinski, Jacqueline Đoàn, Federico Pasini, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Equilibria in Kuramoto oscillator networks: An algebraic approach (Accepted to SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, 2022). (Arxiv version)
8. Lauren Heller, Ján Mináč, Tung T. Nguyen, Andrew Schultz, and Nguyễn Duy Tân, Galois module structure of some elementary p-abelian (Accepted to Israel Journal of Mathematics, 2022). (Arxiv version).
9. Roberto C. Budzinski, Tung T. Nguyen, Gabriel B. Benigno, Jacqueline Doan, Ján Mináč, Terrence J. Sejnowski, and Lyle E. Muller, Analytical prediction of specific spatiotemporal patterns in nonlinear oscillator networks with distance-dependent time delays (Accepted to Physical Review Research, 2023). (Final version)
10. Tung T. Nguyen, Roberto C. Budzinski, Federico W. Pasini, Robin Delabays, Ján Mináč, and Lyle E. Muller, Broadcasting solutions on networked systems of phase oscillators (Accepted to Chaos, Solitons and Fractals: the interdisciplinary journal of Nonlinear Science, and Nonequilibrium and Complex Phenomena, 2023) (Arxiv version)
11. Sunil Chebolu, Jon Merzel, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Federico Pasini, Tung T. Nguyen, Duy Tan Nguyen, On the joins of group rings (To appear in the Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 2023) (Arxiv version) .
1. Frank Chemotti, Ján Mináč, Tung T. Nguyen, Andrew Schultz, John Swallow, Nguyen Duy Tân, Quaternion algebras and square power classes over biquadratic extensions (submitted). (Arxiv version).
2. Jon Merzel, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Federico Pasini, Tung T. Nguyen, Spectral perturbation by rank-m matrices ( preliminary version.)
3. Tung T. Nguyen, Jacqueline Đoàn, Federico Pasini, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Join of normal matrices with constant row sums (submitted), (Arxiv version).
4. Sunil Chebolu, Jon Merzel, Ján Mináč, Lyle Muller, Federico Pasini, Tung T. Nguyen, Duy Tan Nguyen, On the arithmetic of the joins of group rings over finite fields (in preparation).
5. Ján Mináč, Duy Tan Nguyen, Tung T. Nguyen, On the arithmetic of generalized Fekete polynomials (submitted) (Arxiv version)
6. Jan Mináč, Lyle Muller, Duy Tan Nguyen, Tung T. Nguyen, On the Paley graph of a quadratic character (submitted) (Arxiv version)
7. Korey Brownstein, Tung T. Nguyen, Utilization of a natural language processing-based approach to determine the composition of artifact residues (submitted). Github repository for the code.
8. Shiva Chidambaram, Ján Mináč, Duy Tan Nguyen, Tung T. Nguyen, Fekete polynomials of principal Dirichlet characters ( preliminary version. )
- Mini-workshop on Algebra and homogeneous spaces
- Online seminar on quadratic forms, linear algebraic groups and beyond
- Recorded talk and slide
Arizona Winter School 2017: Perfectoid spaces.
Interactions between Representation Theory and Algebraic Geometry.
Arizona Winter School 2018: Iwasawa theory.
Arithmetic of Low-Dimensional Abelian Varieties, ICERM 2019.
AMS joint meeting 2020.
PCMI 2021 Graduate Summer School, Number Theory Informed by Computation, July 2021.
Western-Fields Seminar Series in Networks, Random Graphs, and Neuroscience.
Spectral graph and hypergraph theory: connections and applications, AIM workshop (invited participant).
Click here for a wonderful passage by Hermann Hesse about trees.